Crossbow hunting turkey is challenging so here are a couple tips to help you get your bird.
- Spring crossbow maintenance is first and foremost if you haven’t been out all winter.
- Try a man made blind constructed from natural materials on patterned turkeys to conceal your movements (though it limits mobility), or hunt with a model that’s easy to transport, and assemble.
- Practice shooting your bolts at a 3-D turkey target on a regular basis to visualize your intended quarry.
- Stake turkey decoys at longest effective crossbow range to fix an individual gobbler or flock’s position while reduce chance of alerting them.
- Choose turkey and crossbow specific mechanical broadheads for solid flight and serious cutting diameter.e.
- To reflect hunting conditions, practice shooting from a hunting stool, a standing position, or on your backside.
- Place your shots at the neck’s base on facing birds, wing butt, or at the anal vent when turkeys face away.
- Wear reliable, comfortable camouflage that i can adjust to the unpredictable spring conditions.