Finding rubs in an area can be a tell tale sign that a bucks in the vicinity.
Not all rubs are created equal and here a 5 key signs that can help you figure out what you’re dealing with.
- Size of the tree can tell you about the size of the deer as larger bucks will often go after the larger diameter trees.
- Cover within a certain area can signify that a deer prefers this to open hardwoods. Keep looking in similar terrain to find more action.
- Unique rubs are probably coming from a unique rack. Try to locate these signature rubs to find the deer responsible.
- Height matters because the taller the deer the taller rubs he’ll be able to make.
- Look at the surround tree to see if their also scared up. If it a wide rack surrounding tree and vegetation will also be showing signs of the beast.