If you’re going to be blast bolt at gobblers this spring here are my the Top 6 Turkey Tips.
- Broadhead. Try a broadhead designed specifically for turkey hunting in order to preserve meat and optimize your success rate.
- Camouflage. Wear camoflague that blends into your background and keeps you comfortable during the wildly unpredictable spring weather.
- Closer. Make sure you draw those gobblers in as close as possible so you can put a confident shot right where you want it.
- Targets. Practice on a small target and try to replicate taking that same shot you would on the animal.
- Decoy it. Setup your turkey decoys at your effective range to fix an individual or entire flock’s position.
- Practice the shot. To mimic your hunting setup practice shooting from a hunting stool, a standing position, or on the ground.